imageThe Enchanted Forest Delusional Directories StormcrownSixthStation

Add Reply
New Poll

Read My Lips
Modern_Medusa
 Posted: Aug 22 2014, 09:54 AM
- Site Owner -
'Cause I ain't been myself Lately something's going on No, boy I ain't even slept I've been up all night long In my head "
- Age -
Artist
- Specialty -
Central
- Timezone -

category of work : Novella
Rating: : 15+
Applicable Warnings: Some profanity, mild intimacy, use of substances such as alcohol
Title:Read My Lips
Author Name:Modern_Medusa
Genre: To be determined

Prologue:

People might assume that women "put on their face", so to speak, for just about everything they do. By face, I mean make-up. Cosmetics have always been a major role for women everywhere, and they won't be going anywhere anytime soon. Its constantly adapted to fit the times, but yet it seems people feel that women use cosmetics simply for the image of them.

I would argue that if cosmetic productions can adapt to fit the times, than why can't perception of why cosmetics are used also change. Women use make-up for a variety of reasons. Some work in professions where it is a necessity for them to look their best, some use it still, to enhance their image, some just to make themselves feel important, and some just out of habit.

I complied research for this into a survey for my own cosmetics line Read my Lips Cosmetics incorporate,. I wanted to hear from my consumers more than what shades of color they wanted in a product. I wanted to compile a background as to why my consumers used my product over other products, if they would continue to use my product, why they used cosmetics in general, and if they used a certain style or shade of color for certain moods.

For an example, I always wore red lipstick to board meetings. Why red? Because I hate Red Lipstick, I think it shows my pores more than say pink, and i'm also not particularly keen on board meetings. So I associated two things i dislike into working together to put me in a bad mood. So every board meeting equals my wearing red lipstick.

I conducted the survey to launch my new product line, developed to provide women with satisfaction that they look good, no matter what they have to endure through the day. Of course no amount of marketing could make everybody believe this, but it is with good intentions that the line was made. Its a start to ending the red lipstick in board meetings, daring women to break their own norms as well.
PMEmailAIM
^
Modern_Medusa
 Posted: Aug 22 2014, 09:54 AM
- Site Owner -
'Cause I ain't been myself Lately something's going on No, boy I ain't even slept I've been up all night long In my head "
- Age -
Artist
- Specialty -
Central
- Timezone -

VALIDATED
Thank you for your submission to Moonlit Midnight. The staff have now read, reviwed, and approved your submission. It is now available to be viewed from members. Please remember that only you are permitted to post in your story, for updated chapters.

While the Moonlit Midnight board does not have a continuous validation process, please remember that we do check to make sure that stories are still in accordance with the site and forum rulesyou’re your story is found to be in violation of a rule, it will be hidden and you will be sent a PM to edit the story and re-submit it to the staff for validation. Only then will your story be made visable again.

Members reviews/replies and Library critiques can be held in your library so please make sure to post one as soon as possible. Thank you, and good luck with your story.

Modern_Medusa and the Moonlit Midnight Staff Team

PMEmailAIM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Novels/Novellas | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skinned by merc @ caution & cfs / popups by black